- FCPSOn is a transformation of learning for students and educators. At its core, it provides students with equitable access to meaningful learning experiences and technology to support their learning.
- In FCPSOn schools, each student receives an FCPS-issued laptop to access dynamic resources and participate in learning tailored to the student’s individual needs. Students will have access to the device at school, and in some schools and grade levels, they will also be able to take their device home.
- FCPSOn's transformation of learning leads to Portrait of a Graduate outcomes for ALL students. Portrait of a Graduate skills include collaborating with peers, problem-solving, and creating original work. Also, today's students are tomorrow's workforce. FCPSOn provides them with real-world technology skills that will be essential as adults.
- FCPSOn supports teachers in doing what they do best. Devices will not replace teachers. Teachers are supported through ongoing, dynamic professional learning for teachers that will result in purposeful, collaborative student learning experiences.
Communication Timeline Information
- Goals for end of May:
- Communication about distribution will be prepared and included in EOY communication
- School websites should include a link to FCPSOn page, suggested location is under Academics.
- Distribution schedule will be posted on school website.
- All stakeholders will understand about the Technology Support Fee.