School Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
2017-2018 School Improvement Plan at a glance
Lee High School | Fairfax County Public Schools | Region 3
End of Year SMARTR Outcome - English
Decrease the English 11 Reading & Writing SOL failure rates for students with disabilities by 10% by June 2018.
- Communicator- applies effective reading skills to acquire knowledge and broaden perspectives
- Communicator- incorporates effective writing skills for various purposes and audiences to convey understanding and concepts
End of Year SMARTR Outcome - Math
Decrease the Mathematics SOL (all math SOLs) failure rate for LEP students by 10% on Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2 SOLs by June 2018.
- All math teachers will differentiate instruction to accommodate different learning styles and build students math communication capacities.
- All math teachers will provide additional supports and interventions to scaffold pathways for student success.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome – Technology Literacy
By June 2018, all collaborative teams in the school will implement at a minimum one unit per quarter that leverages the eLearning Backpack technology as the primary source and focus of instructional delivery during the 2017-2018 school year.
- All teachers will participate in school-based and district provided professional development.
- All staff will be educated about the implementation of the eLearning Backpack initiative.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome – Advanced Academics
By the start of the 2018-2019 school year, 75% of Lee HS students will be enrolled in 1 or more Honors, IB, or AP courses.
- Identify and recruit students who are currently enrolled in no honors, AP or IB courses.
- Support students enrolled in advanced academic classes.